11.26.2007

Growing Greener

Well, it looks like this will be my last blog for the semester with graduation just a couple of short weeks away. Looking back on my last semester at the University of Arizona and writing for the Cat Scan, our theme "living green" has proven to be more than a success. For me it's been educational, a change in my perspective, and something that will remain as an ongoing learning experience long after I've graduated.




Initially I was resistant to the idea of the Cat Scan's green theme, and thought it was too limited. But I quickly came around and found that whether it's sports, fashion, businesses, or cars, it's more than likely there's something green.

Writing on businesses going green for both my blog and the Cat Scan has been a valuable experience. Not only has it given me the opportunity to get my hands on some real-world reporting, but it's made me more aware of what being green is all about. It can mean carpooling, buying local produce, or recycling. Whether you do all of these things or just one of them, remember this: it's a bunch of little things that create a big change in the future of the environment.

I can't say I embrace a green lifestyle or that everything I buy is 100% organic, but I'm working on it. My reporting experiences through the Cat Scan has opened my eyes and made me more aware of my impact on the environment.

To learn more about a greener lifestyle, check out some of my favorite sites:
  • Treehugger - a great place to check out anything and everything that's green
  • The Green Guide - by National Geographic, this site is great for searching the most recent eco-friendly tips, tools, and product reviews
  • Simply Green - blog by Danny Seo that offers creative and sustainable solutions from everyday materials
  • Greenloop - a great place to check out eco-fashion

2 comments:

Misty said...

I'm personally a big fan of Renee's Blog - Shades of Green blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path service

Clipping Solutions said...


Super article. Include more articles about this topic. Thank you for sharing. Thank you again.
Footwear photo editing services
Background Removal Service